Traditional Rag Dolls
Our traditional rag dolls are made in Sri Lanka.
A few facts:
Supporting the local economy is something we strongly believe in. Wherever possible, raw materials are bought locally. This can mean that sometimes the finished items may vary slightly from the photographs on this website. We think this add to the charm and unique nature of our products.
The company has won number of National export awards, and international awards.
* Best Women Exporter Award (Gold) 1997 (NCE -Sri lanka)
* Best Exporter Industry Sector Medium Category Award (Bronze) 1997 (NCE -Sri lanka)
* Best Women Exporter Award (Bronze) 1996 (NCE-Sri lanka)
* Best Exporter Industry Sector Medium Category Award (Merit) 1995 (NCE - Sri lanka)
* Best Women Exporter Award (Gold) 2001 (NCE - Sri lanka)
* Best Exporter Industry Sector Medium Category Award (Bronze) 2001 (NCE -Sri lanka)
* International Women Entrepreneur Award (Priyadarshini Award for
* Sri Lanka Export Development Board
* Founder Member of the Toy & Craft Exporters’ Association Sri Lanka
* Member of the Women’s Chamber of Industry & Commerce Sri Lanka
* Member of National Chamber of Exporters
Our play dolls are made in a well managed factory in China. We use a specialist company to visit the factory and carry out an inspection every time we have a shipment.
Our crochet toys are all done entirely by hand in Thailand. The supplier is part of a Thai governmment project to support the community goods called OTOP - One Tambon One Product (A Tambon is a village). It helps traditional Thai handicraft business in small villages to promote their products by giving assistance on quality, internet technology and communications. Most employees are housewives, soldiers' wives and agricultural workers in rural areas.
Made with certified organic cotton in Sri Lanka.
We deliberately keep our packaging down to a minimum. Most of our products simply come in a protective bag. Where a gift box is used, it is made from 100% recycled cardboard.
We try to reuse all our packing boxes wherever practical. Where this is not possible, our standard delivery boxes are 100% recyclable. Any old boxes which are no longer usable are sent for recycling.
We try to plan and manage our stock so that we have as few shipments as possible and always use sea freight. All shipments are docked at Southampton, which is approximately 20 miles from our office, ensuring that the road transport impact is kept to an absolute minimum.